I’ve given a lot of thought to the issue areas I wish to cover through this blog. And though occasionally I will deviate from these areas to comment on other technological thoughts, questions or ideas, I wanted to give you, the reader, the “why” for the reasons you should be reading this blog.
The six areas of focus that I will be discussing and debating (in no particular order):
- How to make software more innovative, powerful, and easy to use.
- LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP).
- Linux-based systems and software like Subversion, OpenSSH, Postfix, Fetchmail, etc.
- All things Apple (I’m a shareholder, not a fanboy; my support and criticism has a different tack).
- The PHP community in the greater DC area, and the larger community (when I go to conferences).
- The nuances of operating a technology-based business, based on my experiences.
Along the way we may find other topics and that’s fine. But for now, those are the main areas I’ve chosen to focus on. I hope you’ll join me in that focus.
Be the first to get Modern Object-Oriented PHP!
Long to learn how you can develop modern applications using object-oriented PHP? Curious about how to apply all these best practices to your code?
Modern Object-Oriented PHP is a brand-new book focused on teaching you the techniques you need for writing modern, well-designed object-oriented applications!
The book lands in April. Sign up today for a sample chapter plus special launch day discounts!