I’ve given a lot of thought to the issue areas I wish to cover through this blog. And though occasionally I will deviate from these areas to comment on other technological thoughts, questions or ideas, I wanted to give you, the reader, the “why” for the reasons you should be reading this blog.
The six areas of focus that I will be discussing and debating (in no particular order):
- How to make software more innovative, powerful, and easy to use.
- LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP).
- Linux-based systems and software like Subversion, OpenSSH, Postfix, Fetchmail, etc.
- All things Apple (I’m a shareholder, not a fanboy; my support and criticism has a different tack).
- The PHP community in the greater DC area, and the larger community (when I go to conferences).
- The nuances of operating a technology-based business, based on my experiences.
Along the way we may find other topics and that’s fine. But for now, those are the main areas I’ve chosen to focus on. I hope you’ll join me in that focus.
Frustrated with your company’s development practices?
You don't have to be!
No matter what the issues are, they can be fixed. You can begin to shed light on these issues with my handy checklist.
Plus, I'll help you with strategies to approach the issues at the organization level and "punch above your weight."