Best PHP Blogs To Follow
A lot of people, especially when starting out in PHP, ask me “what blogs should I read?” There are a lot of great PHP blogs (you can see a nearly complete list of them at Planet PHP) but there are a few that I read on a regular basis and I feel are important.
Here’s my list in no particular order:
- Matthew Weier O’Phinney Matthew is one of the people I respect the most in the PHP world. He’s incredibly talented and is the chief architect of the Zend Framework.
- Cal Evans Cal has been a member of the PHP community far longer than I have. He blogs less on PHP topics and more on developer topics, which is fantastic since a good PHP developer should always be a developer first.
- Chris Hartjes I may not agree with Chris on every topic but he’s a really smart guy and a great advocate of testing your code.
- Lorna Jane Mitchell Lorna Jane has a knack for taking the complex and making it seem simple. She’s an absolutely brilliant writer and well worth reading. And since she’s always doing something new, she’s always writing about neat things
- Paul M. Jones A word of warning about Paul: his blog isn’t all about PHP, but contains PHP intermixed with his libertarian writings. That being said, he’s the developer of the Aura framework and a very talented PHP developer. I’ve linked to his PHP category, and I strongly recommend reading it. His libertarian writings are totally up to you, though.
- PHP Master The PHP Master blog is a collection of posts from members of the community that are high quality, timely and on important subjects. It’s a great resource to follow to learn what’s happening in the PHP world on a regular basis.
- PHPDeveloper.org Looking for a comprehensive list of the best in PHP blogging? This blog is curated by Chris Cornutt, and he posts only the best in PHP content. It’s a great place to get a quick summary of what’s new in the PHP world, and you can click through to the stuff that’s interesting to you.
Who do you feel is indispensable for reading online?
Brandon Savage is the author of Mastering Object Oriented PHP and Practical Design Patterns in PHP
Posted on 2/19/2013 at 7:00 am
Categories: Community, PHP
Khayrattee Wasseem (@7php) wrote at 2/19/2013 10:28 am:
I believe @akrabat (http://akrabat.com/) and @fabpot (http://fabien.potencier.org/) should also be in the list.
There are also many others equally great though.
Siegfried wrote at 2/19/2013 3:35 pm:
Great list, Brandon!
Thanks for sharing!
A Suresh Kumar wrote at 2/20/2013 3:09 am:
Nice Post and good to have the Best PHP Blogs list.
Larry Ullman Blog (http://larryullman.com) can also be added to the list.
Copyright © 2022 by Brandon Savage. All rights reserved.